1. Announcement List – Set up some type of list to capture names and email address of those who’d like to be included in your announcements. Consider this like a fan club, if you will. But once you start circulating your products and services, many people may want to follow up and get your latest info. So offer this service through an auto responder script or auto responder company like http://www.Aweber.com .
2. eZine Publishing – Publish your own regular eZine. Monthly or weekly versions seem most popular. Then place a subscriber sign up box or form with your auto responder and invite people to sign up in each issue, telling them they can share the eZine with others and post it on websites, etc. Learn more about formatting, content and other eZine issues by searching your favorite search engines.
3. eBooks – People enjoy reading eBooks. You can create your own, hire one written by someone like at http://www.Elance.com , or find some on the Internet with resale rights, like at eBookwholesaler.net. Insert you own links, where possible, to attract readers to sign up for your eZine, announcement and other lists.
4. Auto responder courses – Set up courses that you’ve written had written by someone else (like writers at Elance.com) into an auto responder. Then add sign up boxes or forms to your website and email-subscriber directions inside your eZine and email communications to gather leads.
5. Auto responder sales series – Top sales people say many people need to hear a message seven times before they’ll buy. So load up a series of seven sales letters, each sharing a little more info than the last – like maybe different case studies and testimonials, into an auto responder. Set up a form and capture leads from people interested in your sales series.
6. Software – There are products and places out there geared to help even novices create their own software, like at http://www.makeyourownsoftware.com . So make your own and offer it to people who sign up for announcements or your eZine or auto responder series. Package it with information about how to get to your site and sign up for your other lists, too!
7. Reports – People love to learn stuff and get more info to help with their own personal and business lives. So offer them plenty of info with reports that include case studies, industry starts and more. They’ll sign up to receive them!
Automation / Online Strategies
8. Co-registration with services like http://www.ListOpt.com and http://www.LeadFactory.com. Internet marketers worry about being blacklisted due to spam or unwanted emails. With co-registration services you get confirmed, double opt-in subscribers, subscribers ready to be automatically imported to your auto responder complete with Name, Email, IP Address and Date Stamp provided.
9. Splash pages – Set up a special gateway or web page geared to capture the email address of he website visitor. Once the guest submits his first name & address, he gains access to the main website with more information.
10. Forms for subscribing – Add a small form to every page of your website template to capture the first name and email address of visitors. Tell them the info is kept confidential, too.
11. Forums – Target forums in your niches or main areas of concentration. Fill out a profile and include a link to your website and invitation to sign up for your eZine. When topics come up where you can mention your products / services, do so – but in a way so as not to appear pushy and like you’re blatantly advertising. Invite forum guests to sign up for your eZine or announcement list.
12. Messages Boards – Industry and niche portals often offer topic message boards. Bookmark those related to your products and services, and as with forums, post accordingly. Offer a little free help when you can in all areas, too. Good will goes a long way!
13. Chat Rooms – Online groups often host chat rooms. Search your keywords and add “chatroom” to find places to network online. Then as above invite people your way by mentioning your products / services when the topics come up. And share your areas of expertise with others.
14. Sig Files – In all instances where you have a signature (sig) file, set one up ASAP and use it! This covers email communications, forum, message board and chat sigs.
15. Email Marketing – Dig in and learn more about email marketing by searching articles on the topic to keep up to date with the latest HTML templates & text formats that work best in your areas. Brush up on the basics, too, like avoid using all capital letters so you’re not “shouting.” Invite readers to sign up for your eZine either with a link to a splash page, sign up form or auto responder message trigger.
16. EZine Ads / Sponsorships – Get in other publishers’ eZines! Check out ad swaps, sponsorship and paid opportunities, and invite readers to sign up for your lists with them.
Online & Offline
17. Articles – Write articles about how your products or services have helped others. And showcase your areas of expertise by writing about industry topics. Submit these to both online and offline publications, and include your byline, with a link to your site, inviting people to sign up for your lists.
18. Press Releases – Announce the latest news related to your industry, products and services. Submit via http://www.PRWeb.com and to offline media for coverage. Include a small paragraph at the end to tell audiences where to click for more info, and to get on your lists!
19. Templates – Create your own website, newsletter, eZine or other HTML, text templates. Include your website or auto responder sign up info and distribute for free, granting permission for others to pass along the info, too.
20. Audio – Turn your eBook into an audio file. Invite readers to sign up to get the audio cassette or other audio formatted version. Include a mention of where to sign up inside the script, too.
21. Video – Add video to your eBook and make a presentation. Of course, show viewers where they can sign up for an accompanying eBook or other info product you have!
22. Podcast – Be your own radio host and broadcast your own infomercials.
23. Online – Check out online compatible database set ups like Access or Act! Organize your leads and follow up with marketing campaigns.
24. Offline –Ditto offline. Print out Excel formats of your database info. Then follow up with marketing campaigns offline to reach your list multiple times with letters, calls and other marketing strategy to increase leads to your other lists and cross sell.
25. Telemarketing / Tele prospecting (B-to-B) – Check rules for telemarketing in your area first. Then get a phone list of leads from a reputable company who follows these rules and harvest leads from calling.
26. Polls – Hold an interactive poll on your web site, invite visitors to share their vote or opinion, then report the results on your web site. Share with your lists, invite others to sign up for the results.
27. Puzzles – Hook up a neat software puzzle to our website and have people sign up to play. Check out Ebay for ready-made puzzles or hire help at places like http://www.scriptlance.com .
28. Prize Drawings – Hold an ongoing prize drawing on your web site. Then have people sign up to learn who the winners our each month.
29. Business Cards – Include info on your cards about where to sign up for a free eZine.
30. Membership Site – Host a free or paid membership site where people need to sign up to gain access.
31. Original Content – Give your visitors content they can’t read anywhere else, like case studies involving our products and services. Invite them to sign up for future editions.
32. Quizzes – Give your visitors a quiz or a series of trivia questions. Then invite sign ups to learn the correct answers.
33. Link Exchanges – Setup a page on our website for link exchanges. And invite people to sign up who’d be interested in exchanging links.
34. SEO – Optimize your website with keyword phrases that would attract website visitors via search engines. Make sure your site has good, working navigation and is targeted to capture leads, not only set up for sales. If people can’t find the sign up form(s), you won’t get many leads signed up!
35. PPCs – Check out top search engines like Google and try enrolling in their Pay-Per-Click (PPC) programs. Point readers to a page with a lead capture form for your eZine, free eBook or other info product.
36. News – Supply news stories related to your web site topic. People want current and up-to-date news, so offer it to them if they sign up for your regular announcements.
37. Shopping Cart / eCommerce-Setup a simple Paypal shopping cart on your site and sell an info product super cheap, like for $1. This will get you email address to harvest and use.
38. Jokes – Give your visitors a little humor now and then. Invite them to sign up for a joke-of-the-week.
39. Digital Photos – Post pictures of events, news, etc. And invite website guests to find themselves…or even post their own shots. Have a sign up form for them to use.
40. Guestbook – Set up a guestbook so that your visitors can share their comments. Invite them to leave their email addresses.
41. Free Stuff – People love to get free stuff. So invite visitors to sign up with you to get goodies on a regular basis.
42. Consulting – Offer your help via a sign up form.
43. Copywriting – get great copy! Create it or hire it done. Make a goal out of getting a sign up – -first and foremost. Then go for the sale. Have people sign up for a trial version, for instance.
44. Radio – Invite people to sign up with 30-second radio spots.
45. TV – Ditto with local cable or inexpensive television spots.
46. Postcards – People look at postcards before tossing them. Show them your website and invite them to visit and sign up for a nice freebie.
47. Webcards – For a cool alternative postcard, send out one that shows your website!
48. Postcard packs – Increase your reach by advertising with a company who send out regular postcard packs. Check your mailbox for the next mailing, and call the marketing company who sends them out for more info.
49. Print newsletters – print out your eZine or create a special offline version and mail it out. Include offers inside it that are only available by signing up online.
50. Marketing aids – pencils, pens, notepads, etc. Include your website ink on promotional tools.
51. Print classifieds – invite website visitors with small, inexpensive classified ads.
52. Print display ads – After classified ads test well, upgrade to larger display ads for a greater lead reach.
53. Advertorials – Write more in-depth about your product or service. Use a case study. Invite readers to learn more by sharing their leads info – via a toll free number or website form.
54. Fundraisers – Give back to the community. Host or participate in fundraisers. Include your contact info and URL for lead capture.
55. DVDs, CDs – Put your info products on DVDs and CD for those who have limited or no Internet access. Tell them how to use library computers and invite them to sign up for more info at your site.
56. Print Workbooks – Create a workbook to go along with your other info products. Include your contact info, URL, etc. and invite readers to sign up for the eBook.
57. Brochures – Carry around and distribute brochures with your complete contact info, URL for leads captures, etc. inside.
58. Direct Mail – Remember, you need to contact people seven times? Reach out with direct mail campaigns. Send a series of seven sales letters that have your list URLs.
59. Guides – Print an industry or niche guide or join up with others who have created one. Include your contact info and gather more leads form readers.
60. Self Publishing – Explore the world of self-publishing, and distribute your own print books with complete contact info on the covers and inside.
61. Packages – Package your products and services in a variety of ways, to reach low- to high-end budgets. Include list info with all of them. And offer a small trial & sample report, etc. to people who sign up to learn more.
62. Phone Scripts – Create a short phone script and keep it handy, right by the phone. Maybe answer with something like, “Hi, John here from LocalWebsites.com,” so people will start connecting you with that site, visit it and sign up for your lists.
63. Speaking – Don’t pass up opportunities to speak about your products and services. Invite people to sign up for a free report when they get home.
64. Workshops – Host a workshop in your area. And join on those hosted by others. Share printed materials and invite subscribers while you’re at it!
65. Conferences – Ditto with conferences. Nearly every group and industry hosts their own annual conferences. Be a part and invite subscribers.
66. Teleconferences – To save time, money and stress, many are turning to teleconference. Host your own and let others know you’d like to be interviewed. Reach out and invite subscribers.
67. Webinars – Many Internet marketers offer online gatherings. Join in and invite online attendees to sign up at your site for more info.
68. Associations / Groups – Network within associations and group in your niche areas and main areas of focus. No need to join all and pay all the fees. But check out their main events, websites, etc. to find ways to mingle and invite subscribers to your lists.
69. Trade Shows – Mark on your calendar trade shows in your areas of expertise and niche areas of focus. Again, no need to actually pay high fees to set up a booth at each, but check out one-day opportunities that allow you to visit and network, gathering leads along the way for follow up afterwards.
70. Annual Industry Events – Mark these on your calendar as well, and gather leads form top gurus in the field that attend. Gather lead info from fellow guests, too!
71. GoToMeetings – Check out the latest 3rd party companies who host interactive meeting space. Then gather leads via online presentations.
72. Skype – Hook up via phone connection over your computer through resources like Skype. And gather lead info via one-on-one interaction.
73. Ebay info sales to generate leads. Auction off your reports or eBooks to gather leads.
74. Ebay product auctions attract those interested in your other items, too. Package all products with complete contact info for follow up, and capture their lead info upon purchase.
75. Ebay service auctions attract those interested in your other items, too. Package all services with complete contact info for follow up, and capture their lead info upon purchase.
76. Ebay stores – set up shop at Ebay. They have several plans for your budget. Invite guests to sign up for your sales and auctions.
77. Ebay About Us Page –Check with Ebay’s current rules to make sure what they allow on your About Us page. Many leave this blank. Take charge and include your URL to your list sign up info.
78. Ebay’s Promotional Flyer Tool – Ebay offers several tools to help with leads generation and follow up. This is a great one to check out!
79. Ebay Store Newsletter – Ditto! Make use of their newsletter with lead generation.
Website Building Strategy
80. Blogs – Set up a blog and invite lead subscribers your way via posts, interactive communications, ads…in short, a variety of marketing methods.
81. RSS – Syndicate your content with RSS and extend your leads’ reach. For quick, easy article syndication, head to larger article directories and sites like http://www.Ideamarketers.com .
82. Your own forum – Set up your own forum on your website or link to one already in progress. Then communicate, invite others to join in and generate leads through your communications.
83. Reviews – Post regular reviews on your website to generate leads from repeat visitors who want to learn more.
84. Interactive Reviews – Invite others to share their reviews and offer them a thank you gift in exchange for signing up for future reviews to read or share in return.
85. Directories (Others) – Tell your subscribers about interesting and helpful web sites or share articles related to your web site topic. Invite readers to sign up and return for updates.
86. Directories (Your Own) – Start your own directory with a script or other website section. Invite visitors to sign up and share their contributions, building your directory and growing leads at the same time. Win-win!
87. Affiliate Content – Many affiliate products come with their own marketing tools like sales letters and other content. Include it and generate leads from sign ups that are interested in more info or possible trial versions.
88. Affiliate Products – Sell affiliate products that are compatible with your own products and services, niches and major areas of interest. Generate leads by having people sign up at a splash page before sending them to the affiliate site or having them sign up for your free eBook or report, first.
89. Portal – Create or join in, if possible, a portal or major entrance into your niche or major field of interest. Generate leads via a variety of tools like RSS feeds, ads, sign up form and more….offering reports, eBooks, software, etc. in exchange for sign ups.
90. Resale Market – Type in “resale” and your favorite niche. Then find products where you purchase rights to resell them. Package these with your info and generate more leads!
91. Public Domain – Check into the power of using public domain info. Then package it and generate leads with it!
Other / Misc
92. Joint Ventures – Team up with others in joint ventures. Swap ads to share with lists to generate more sign ups, to create new products, to help with marketing efforts, website building, etc.
93. Partnerships – Ditto with partnerships. Team up to help share your strong areas, like maybe website building, with another’s areas, like larger lists. Create your own lead generation project and tackle it together, sharing the leads.
94. Trades – Trade your products and services for leads! Trade them for lead generation help- -like having a sales page written or eBook created.
95. Networking – Set aside time DAILY for networking – via email, the phone…some way, any way. Do it! And constantly keep in touch with and increase your leads this way.
96. SBA – Get free lead generating and follow up help from the Small Business Administration.
97. SCORE – Ditto with free help from these retired folks.
98. Co-Ops – Check into local and online co-operative opportunities. For instance, some local companies team up for ad co-ops. You may purchase points and then use them in exchange for media ads with participating members of the co-op.
99. Referrals – Always, always, always ask for referrals! With each email, phone call, sales letter, website form, etc. Invite referrals on a regular basis to generate a constant supply of new leads.
100. Front End Sales – Offer new sign ups a special deal. Then lead them to other lists via follow up communications.
101. Back End Sales – Ditto on the back end. With each sale, follow up to try to get your buyers to sign up for other lists you may have for more contact, repeat sales.
102. Public Library – Don’t neglect the public library – and online libraries as resources for more info on lead generation and list building activities and strategies.
103. Hire Help – Get more help from places like Elance and your Local Classifieds. Hire sales help to generate leads and build your lists. Pay $1 per lead (or the going rate).
104. Interview Pros – for profit and for info! Read interviews. Conduct your own. Find out which list building methods work best that are in your time and financial budget. No need to reinvent the wheel! Do what they do.
105. Coaching – Get a coach! Coaches can help cut through the maze of tools out there and help you build your lists with experienced methods that have worked for them. Ask them which eBook content works best, for example, interviewing styles or short advertorial sections, maybe?
106. Mentors – Similar to coaches, mentors can also close the gap of wasted time, effort and dollars and methods that may not be so successful in your field(s) of choice. Ask them how to structure a good report for your niche, for instance.