Best FPS games for Xbox : The gaming world has seen a lot of changes during the past one decade. Developers compete in the market to make great games. These days there are a lot of games available for Xbox One too. You can find great classics as well as new ones. Choosing a game amongst a huge variety can be a bit difficult at times. Hence we have gathered 20 of the best Xbox One games of 2017. Browse through the list and see if you find one that you like.
20 Best FPS games for Xbox One you should be playing
So, do you own a Xbox one and have tried all the possible games you knew ? Are you looking for some of the most challenging and popular FPS games for Xbox one? Then you have landed at the right place. Below mentioned is a list of 20 best FPS games for Xbox one that you should be playing.
RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER:
Rise of the Tomb Raider is a great adventure game with an exciting story to venture on. With the help of users, Lara Croft goes on a journey of adventure, exploration, fight, solve and decipher interesting puzzles and secrets.
The game also has add-ons you can further play with. The landscapes and graphics are some features you would definitely enjoy. Some of its features are:
- Solve, decipher and explore intriguing ancient places and texts to discover secrets.
- Get into an action filled guerrilla combat using Lara’s weapons, ammunitions, weapons and explosives
- Experience a world of stunning visuals and landscapes that enable you to immerse in the game.
- Add-ons to go on a further journey.
BATMAN: ARKHAM NIGHT:
For gamers who like Batman this is a perfect game for you. You play as Batman and ride on your own Batmobile to engage in a fun and interesting story. Venture out into Gotham city with Batman and get into combats at various places in the city.
- An all updatedBatmobile without with Batman would not be complete.
- Upgraded Gotham City with great importance given to details for gamers to enjoy.
- Face the famous villains like Harley Quinn and the Scarecrow along with other villains to make your journey as Batman a fruitful one.
- Be joined by a new character the Arkham Knight
GRAND THEFT AUTO 5:
Most of us have grown up playing different versions GTA. Being a popular open world game, each version comes with better graphics, stories and other updated features.
With the new update, online heists have been enabled. Players get to experience a game with freedom to perform tasks and activities, involve in crime and violent activities while earning a good fortune doing these tasks, carrying good weapons, driving and stealing rides and visiting clubs. Of course one should not forget to distinguish between reality and games.
GTA 5 has additional protagonists adding to the one that has existed for the previous versions. There are 3 protagonists that you can choose from and switch between them.
- Interesting story lines.
- Three characters to choose from- a young street hustler, a retired bank robber and a terrifying psychopath
- Online heists
ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST:
At one glance it might look like a simple and lovely game but you will be surprised once you play it. It is a quite challenging yet fun and adventurous with suspense. Ori is the main character with whom you will explore the world. As a character with skills and abilities, Ori has to protect the forest and himself. Once you start exploring the game and get experience, the abilities and skills of Ori also increases.
- A beautiful story line about love and sacrifice.
- Magical and enchanting aesthetics.
- Joined by other characters like a spirit called Sein
HALO 5: GUARDIANS:
Halo is a popular game in the world of games. Released in 2015, the Halo 5: Guardians have been released with a new storyline and several other features. Players must go on a mission to hunt the Master Chief and save your missing fellow members.
The game has great graphics and battle features that you will enjoy.
- Great graphics to make your game fun.
- Warzone mode. This mode enables users to have up to 12 x 12 player battles, both friendly and with enemies.
- Arena Multiplayer. This mode allows you to play with your friends and teammates.
- Fireteam AI System. Your teammates are present throughout.
- Other Halo series features like the MJOLNIR armour.
Another popular and fun game that we have added to our list is Destiny. The plot is based on a story where the human race is under threat. Players are assigned the role of a revived guardian from the past to save the future. You have to battle the villain Oryx and other alien races. Destiny offers various missions that would get you hooked on the game.
- Travel to different planets and wipe out aliens who are a threat to the human race.
- The excellent graphics will attract you more to the game.
- Characters get new abilities in comparison to the previous series.
- Many new campaigns
- Online game with multiplayer options.
- Player vs environment and player vs player feature
Overwatch currently has the reputation of being one of the best multiplayer FPS game. It is an online game enabling gamers to join forces and accomplish missions to save the world and restore peace. Each hero has unique features that you can work and have fun with like speeding time. All characters have different powers and abilities.
- Wide variety of heroes to choose from.
- Experience special and unique abilities of each character.
- Experience fun laid stories and adventures of each character.
- Work with your teammates and combine forces to restore peace and order.
- Be exposed to the world as each map has distinguishing and unique features
FORZA HORIZON 3:
If you are someone who likes racing games, this is a game you should check out. As a gamer playing the game, you are given the charge and responsibility to host the Horizon event.
- A thrilling and exciting racing game based in Australia.
- You have the freedom to customize everything from your character to all the details of your car and events.
- Gather together people for racing events.
- Play with various cars and unlock more along the way.
Doom is a great game for those who like combat games with monsters and graphic details of gore. The creators have done a great deal in making the combats and killings detailed, violent with blood and gore.
- A fun and thrilling modern day shooting game.
- Experience a fast paced multiplayer game.
- Have the freedom to create maps, blueprints and gameplay modes. You can also share these to other players all over the world.
Fallout 4 is another game in the market you will enjoy playing if you like combat and survival games. It is violent and has gory details. You can choose any character from a variety of options, gain perks and other items as you play the game. You are the only survivor as you go in to a world destroyed by nuclear war. If you liked Fallout 3 you would like this one to.
- The liberty to choose between characters, locations and missions.
- Upgraded graphics and lightings to give you a real life feel.
- Collect, build and upgrade items.
- A lot of quests, missions and side quests.
METAL G1EAR SOLID 5:
Another brilliant Hideo Kojima Game the Metal Gear Solid 5 has been labeled as one of the best stealth action game that has been made. It is a tactical game based on the Cold War with rescue and vengeance.
- An open world game.
- Buddy system
- Amazing graphics and excellent technology.
- Multiple missions to complete.
- Online connectivity.
FARCRY 4: Best FPS games for Xbox
Far Cry 4 and its previous series are one of the most popular action FPS game. This version has also lived up to its name and has many other features. It allows gamers to have an action filled thrilling experience which can also be shared with friends through the multiplayer option that can be easily used. The other player can enter and drop out any time he/she wants to.
- Abundant wildlife to venture out to.
- Multiple and wide range of arsenal to choose from.
- Interesting action and adventure based missions
- Multiplayer mode available.
- Discover the spiritual world of Shangri-La
- Map editor
DARK SOULS 3:
Dark Souls 3 has extremely detailed and upgraded graphics and takes you into a dark fantasy world. pThrough every aspect of the game, the thrill and daunt never stops. As you unlock different features, your power increases. Surviving is difficult and gamers have to be careful and meticulous. It requires an immense amount of attention.
- Upgraded and impressive graphics.
- Online multiplayer option
- New weapons, armoury and equipment to choose from
- Challenging game with missions that makes the game unique
GUITAR HERO: Best FPS games for Xbox
Play this fun game where you get to be a rock star and feel the thrill to be up on stage. It is backed up with real elements to make you feel like a rock star. You can perform in different events and get real reactions based on your performance.
- Access to the first playable music video network which is GHTV
- Play with people from different parts of the world or compete against them.
- Hundreds of songs to choose from.
- Level up and unlock perks of the game to increase your high scores.
- Get a guitar controller
INSIDE: Best FPS games for Xbox
Inside is a game you should definitely consider playing. Making into the list, it is one of the best games for Xbox one in 2016. It is based on a boy who is hunted and alone resulting in him entering a dark project. The game escalates as you keep playing and this is what usually attracts players. You Greatly paced game with thrilling, intriguing, exciting and surprising elements.
- It is a 2D game but will not take away the beautiful graphics from you and is a masterpiece.
- Puzzle based adventure game
- Unexpected and thrilling twists in the game.
THE WITCHER 3: Best FPS games for Xbox
Explore a vast world filled with mystery and adventure in The Witcher 3. It has been labelled as one of the best RPG’s where gamers can’t help but be immersed in the storyline, missions and quests, adventure and much more.
- Go on dangerous yet thrilling missions.
- Explore the world and fight your enemies with special abilities your character has.
- Hunt predators and monsters lurking.
- Upgrade gears and abilities.
TITANFALL: Best FPS games for Xbox
Titanfall is a warfare game created by one of the co-creators of Call of Duty. The resolution and graphics are great and the game is smooth.
- Get involved in a fast paced combat.
- First person shooter.
- Explore The Frontier
- Online multiplayer action
- Get introduced to the Militia, Titans and Pilots
FIFA 2017: Best FPS games for Xbox
FIFA has been one of the most popular game no matter which device you play in. The current latest version is no less. Immerse yourself into the game as you get a great experience in the world of football.
- Upgraded graphics and details to make the football experience for gamers an enriching one.
- Introduction of new environments like locker room, manager’s room etc
- Upgraded and updated features unique to FIFA 2017
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2: Best FPS games for Xbox
The popular animation Dragon Ball has been made into a game which allows gamers to re-live the story again. If you have been watching Dragon Ball, try this game out. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is an extension or rather a continuation of Xenoverse 1 with additional features and elements.
- Online multiplayer game
- Create and modify your character
- Additional new characters including villains
- Explore new places
SLIME RANCHER: Best FPS games for Xbox
If you are interested in a simpler and less serious game, different from the ones mentioned above, you can try out this new cute and calm game developed by Monomi Park this year. Although it is a new work in progress game, it has received a lot of positive feedbacks. It is based on a character called Beatrix LeBeau who goes far away from earth to live a life.
- Feed slimes which will produce plorts of various colours. Plorts can be exchanged for gold.
- Use coins to build farms and grow fruits or vegetables. You can also add animals.
- Move through different environments
- Buy and upgrade houses to collect slimes.
Final Words : Best FPS games for Xbox
So, now we conclude with the list of our 20 best FPS games for Xbox one that you should be playing in your free time or just for refreshment. These games are the most popular games for Xbox one and hence, you must try all of them at least once 🙂