Welcome to the Android Tips and Tricks on the Android OS. Already many are there to have Android, but not everyone knows some tricks to it. If you want to add the list, write in the comments.
How to change the input method?
Sets the keyboard, are going to the menu (Menu) -> Settings (Settings) -> Language & keyboard (Language & keyboard) in the Settings keypad put the check in front of a keyboard installed. Further, in any input field, click on the insertion site and hold. The menu opens input method (Input Method), in it select the desired keyboard. Remark. Standard keyboard does not provide off.
How to choose a third-party input method (keyboard set by you)?
Sets the keyboard, go to Menu – Settings – Language & Text. In the setting of the text put a tick on your keyboard installed. Further, in any input field, for example, reports on press and hold the input area. You open the menu input method, there choose the desired keyboard.
How to remove the error “Unable to establish a secure connection to the server” when setting up the account, the opening of the Market, Gmail?
Firstly, should be an internet connection. Secondly, Settings – Accounts and sync – Background mode (tick).
Engineering codes for android
Many users of smart phones and Android tablets are not even aware of the existence of the so-called engineering or service codes. Service codes on smartphones and on ordinary phones appeared much earlier than the first version came out Android OS. They are intended primarily for engineers, service centers and advanced users, so I want to warn readers: if you do not know what this code is not necessary to enter, and if you do decide to enter the code, you do at your own risk. Should think before you enter a code for “Android” because This can lead to partial or complete loss of data and to disable the device itself. If you chose to use the code, let’s look at each of the engineering code details:
* # 06 # – Check IMEI;
* # * # 4636 # * # * – Data and settings;
* # * # 8351 # * # * – Voice Dialer Logging Enabled;
* # * # 4636 # * # * – This code can be used to obtain interesting information about your phone and battery. It shows following 4 menus on screen:
– Information on the phone;
– Battery information;
– Statistics of the battery;
– Usage statistics.
* # * # 7780 # * # * – This code resets the following settings to the factory settings: – setting up your Google-account data stored on your phone; – Data and system settings and applications; – Downloaded applications. DO NOT remove the code: – current system applications and application comes with smarfonom; – Data on the SD card (photos, videos, etc.). PS: Before you reset your smartphone asks for confirmation, so that until the last moment you will have the chance to change your mind.
* 2767 * 3855 # – Think before you enter this code. This code is used for factory format, that is, starts to delete all files and settings including those that are stored in the internal memory. He also resets the firmware smartphone. PS: After entering the code, there is only one way back – quickly pull the battery and start the recovery of data from a PC.
* # * # 34971539 # * # * – This code is used to get information about cell phone. It shows the following four parameters:
– Update camera firmware in image (do not try this option);
– Update camera firmware on SD-card;
– Get the camera firmware version;
– See how many times to update the firmware.
WARNING: Never use the first option otherwise your phone camera will stop working and will have to carry your phone in service center to reinstall camera firmware.
* # * # 7594 # * # * – This code can be used to change the button “End / Vkl.Vykl.”. By default when you long press the button, it shows the screen asking you to select any option “Switch to silent mode”, “Airplane Mode” or “Turn off the phone.”
You can change the options proposed by using this code. For example, you can make sure that the phone was switched off immediately, without selecting the desired option from the menu.
* # * # 273283 * 255 * 663282 * # * # * – The code opens the file copy screen where you can make backup copies of your data (photos, audio, etc.)
* # * # 197328640 # * # * – This code can be used to enter the maintenance mode. You can run various tests and change settings in the service mode for WLAN, GPS and Bluetooth;
* # * # 232339 # * # * or * # * # 526 # * # * or * # * # 528 # * # * – WLAN (use the “Menu” button to run different tests);
* # * # 232338 # * # * – Indicates the MAC address of WiFi;
* # * # 1472365 # * # * – GPS-test;
* # * # 1575 # * # * – Another test GPS;
* # * # 232331 # * # * – Bluetooth- test;
* # * # 232337 # * # – Displays the address of the Bluetooth;
Codes to launch various Factory test:
* # * # 0283 # * # * – Packet Loopback;
* # * # 0 * # * # * – LCD-test;
* # * # 0673 # * # * or * # * # 0289 # * # * – Melody test;
* # * # 0842 # * # * – The unit tests (vibration and backlight test);
* # * # 2663 # * # * – Touch the screen version;
* # * # 2664 # * # * – Touch the screen test;
* # * # 0588 # * # * – Motion Sensor;
* # * # 3264 # * # * – RAM version.
These are the main codes for “Android” that may need advanced smartphone user. Once again I repeat: do not enter the code, if you do not believe in their mission! But to solve some problems with the device on the “Android” these codes are very useful.
4336437_gCuGRU3pIPo (604×528, 27Kb)
Useful tricks and secrets on your Android
Forced reboot Android
There are cases when the phone is on Android «slow” and just does not respond nakakie action. In this case will force reboot, which is triggered by pressing of button combinations: Simultaneously hold down the Power button + Home Key + button to increase the volume.
Quick access to Google search
All smartphones now targeted for the Internet and is therefore not surprising that Android left there is a small trick that quickly runs the form on Google. Tested on HTC Sensation – did not work, but on the other models all ok. To quickly access the list, hold down the button for a few minutes the Menu.
Unlocking Android, by face recognition
This is a very interesting trick, which is available in a version Android 4.2, Jelly Bean. If you have this version of the OS, you can enable facial recognition, due to which the phone is unlocked. In Jelly Bean added more extra protection – we need to flash the phone to realize that people live, and to him is not just a picture. activation:
Go to Settings> Security> Screen Lock> Unlock face (Face unlock).
Detailed information about the phone
With the help of special USSD-request, you can get a lot more information about the phone, which is not available in the standard settings – it’s all about the Wi-Fi network using the battery itp Request: * # * # 4636 # * # *
Move programs to SD-card
Often we install applications on the phone, thus occupying the built-in memory, which is not always so much. In Android phones have a great opportunity that allows you to quickly and easily move software, games on the stick. To transfer the application should go:
Settings> Applications> Manage applications (or just select the application)> Select the desired application, and you will see there the option “Move to the memory card.”
Hard Reset or a full factory reset your Android phone
This trick is very useful before selling the phone or when he has become a very “packed” and periodically retarding. Android-phone, can be formatted in several ways.
a) Restore factory settings. Means that all settings will be reset to default, and all internal data will be deleted.
For this purpose, it is necessary to perform a USSD request: * # * # 7780 # * # *.
b) Hard Reset: to hard reset the phone, you must dial * 2767 * 3855 #. This will lead to the fact that delete all data (including internal and external SD card), and after a reset all settings Android.
Not need to enter this code just to test the query, if you’re not sure that you need it. This request will not ask for confirmation!
4336437_fOfd3M89M9Y (526×258, 17Kb)
How to make a screenshot of the screen in Android?
When using the device with the Android system is sometimes a need for a screenshot of the screen. There are several ways to solve this problem:
use of the operating system (Android 3.2 and above);
use the built-in firmware software from your device;
install an application from Google Play.
Get a screenshot with the features of the operating system
This method is suitable for the owners of devices running Android version 3.2 or higher.
In Android 3.2, press and hold the “Recent Programs” (two squares).
In Android 4.0, simultaneously press the volume down button and Inclusion.
Getting a screenshot with the built-in firmware software
Some manufacturers have provided their device software for screenshots. Way to call the program for all devices is different.
In Samsung products from Samsung need to simultaneously press the Home button and the Power On / Lock (screenshots are saved in the folder ScreenCapture).
In HTC’s devices need to simultaneously press the Power button and the Home (screenshots are saved in a folder with pictures).
In some devices, Sony’s need to simultaneously press the volume down button and Inclusion.
In devices of Huawei need to press on and briefly press the Volume Down (screenshots are saved in the folder / Pictures / ScreenShots).
For devices with the installed firmware GyanogenMod, AOKP, SlimROM menu off the device can display the item “Screenshot”.
Getting a screenshot of using third-party software.
The store Google Play a lot of programs that allow you to take screenshots, but almost all of them require the presence of human root. Consider one of the software – Screenshot UX.
Screenshot UX – application designed for taking screenshots in the device with Android 2.2 and above. After you install the application and run it on your desktop, in the upper left corner, you will see a small round button, when clicked, and take screenshots. In the settings you can set that after clicking on the button will be a countdown, after which will make the screen display. The resulting screenshot you can submit by email or posted on the social networks; see through the existing application for review; crop or edit. The program can be set up so that the screen is photographed after shaking the device.
4336437_1v_rmeDaspA (452×241, 7Kb)
How to charge the battery in less Android devices?
4336437_VvCvj43cdL4 (604×357, 30Kb)
The problem of rapid discharge of the battery is familiar to every owner of the gadget with Android OS
The first thing we need to do is dial * # * # 4636 # * # *, in doing so, we will see general information about the consumption of the battery.
You need to follow a few rules to a single charge lasted for longer.
– If your unit is equipped with AMOLED display, the dark background wallpaper save battery power.
– Turn off WiFi, when you do not need, because the connection support, consumes large amounts of energy charge.
– Also, if you currently do not need the Internet, turn off the mode 3G. Internet activity when the 3G does not stop, even if you do not use that entails energy consumption, or if you are outside the coverage area of 3G, the phone will scan the network looking for 3G, which is also very bad for the save battery power.
– When you are in a weak coverage of mobile communication, your gadget is in constant search for a network, it’s very fast “eats” the battery. Switch the machine off-line until the receiving conditions of the mobile communications improve.
– The same applies to the GPS, it is probably the most much power that is in your machine. Do not leave the GPS turned on unnecessarily.
– Accelerometer is continuously awake module unit, of course, constantly consuming energy. If it is not critical for you, I advise you to turn off this feature (Settings> Display> Auto-rotate)
– Adjust manually the CPU usage of your system, even if the manufacturer has stated that the processor dynamically changes the frequency, saving energy. For this is a good program SetCPU.
– Turn off the data transfer mode, if you do not need it, for example, at night
– And one more tip for owners of gadgets is NOT rechargeable batteries, there are applications that discharge the battery and allow the memory to try to overclock it again. For example, Battery Calibration.
How to unlock unlock pattern on Android?
Familiar picture? You have decided to try a graphic key and forget it after 10 minutes. You perfectly remember your unlock pattern, but the playful hands younger brother, his beloved daughter, curious colleagues in your absence had five times incorrectly enter key and your smartphone firmly locked (the system operates with a bang). What to do and how to unlock your unlock? There are several ways.
4336437_vd10NaufWS0 (200×200, 4Kb)
Firstly, do not panic. And then follow one of the suggested ways and all will be well. So, how to unlock your unlock and regain your phone?
In total there are five attempts to unlock the phone using the graphical key. Sixth does not happen. If you have already exceeded the limit, then enter again something and wait 30 seconds. After that, you must admit that the unlock pattern you do forget, and then enter the data Google-account that you use on a smartphone, ie the one that you entered when you first set up your smartphone. Did it work?
Another interesting question is how to unlock your unlock if you forgot your password, and from Google-account. Becomes more interesting. Try calling a locked smartphone, and during the call, taking it, of course, go out to your phone. Find the settings the phone lock screen unlock and deactivate it. Hang up and use your smartphone.
HR or reset to factory settings
If that fails completely none of the above, then you have only one option: Hard Reset. This is a harsh method, but effective. More questions, how to unlock your unlock, have you not arise. The truth and the desire to put it too is unlikely to occur. Hard Reset is reset to factory settings with the loss of all data. Sorry, yes, but the phone will return to life. How to reset your specific model directly, it is better to ask. It’s always a definite and consistent key combination, which defines producer smartphone. After a factory reset, you will start a new life and at this point you re handy Google-account.