Tinder Alternative : Most of you know what Tinder is and for those who don’t, Tinder is one of the most popular and huge dating app available. There are a huge number of users. As popular and useful Tinder is, there are also many other alternatives which are as good as Tinder and have similar or different features that make it stand out from Tinder. Since Tinder is a big competition in the market, other developers have created new dating apps or improved the current existing ones. So here we have listed 20 best apps like Tinder which works on both Android and iOS.Tinder Alternative
20 Best alternatives to Tinder for Android and iOS
So, are you excited to try even more dating apps other than Tinder? Yes, of course you are, and that is the reason why you are here. So let’s being with our list of apps.
COFFEE MEETS BAGEL: Tinder Alternative
Coffee meets Bagel stands out from other dating apps in terms of safety and privacy. It also places importance of security for women. It is a quality dating app you can definitely check out.
- Get a match called ‘bagel’ who is specially selected for you. You will get his at noon. You can either like or pass the suggested bagel within the time frame of 24 hours
- Your bagel will be suggested based on your interests and location
- Your match or bagel will share mutual friends with you.
- Connect with a bagel you like and who likes you back through private chatting
- Free to use but to get more features there are in app purchases.
OKCUPID: Tinder Alternative
OkCupid is one of the most popular dating app currently available not only for what it can do but also because there are a huge number of users. It is a great alternative to Tinder and you can also find features which you don’t get in Tinder.
- Incognito mode
- Filter searches to get perfect matches.
- Get messages and send to others as much as you want. It is completely free which makes it stand out from other similar apps.
- ‘Flavours’ to search for matches
- Quizzes on topics like personality to get someone who would match your ideal partner and also for others to find you
- Premium subscription to get additional features like having the freedom to see who has liked your profile, having more search options, browsing others profiles as an anonymous, knowing if your message has been read etc
ONCE: Tinder Alternative
Once is another great alternative for Tinder which has high reviews. It is perfect for people who want to date seriously as well as have a long term relationship. You just have to sign up but the process is a bit long since the app wants you to give proper information and find a good match for you
- During noon time you get matches suggested by Once
- 24 hours time is given to you to get to know each other
- Paid in app purchases
SKOUT: Tinder Alternative
Skout is similar to Tinder and hence is a good alternative. You just have to fill in your details and sign in. Then you can meet and interact with people based on the standards you have set.
- Discover and find people
- Point system which allows you to do certain features. You can either buy or earn points.
- View people who have checked your profile. You can also check who have favourite you
- The app is free but there are more features in the premium version including no ads.
- Send gift
BUMBLE: Tinder Alternative
Bumble is a new entry in the world of dating apps. Eventhough it is new it makes it into our list because of the amount of positive reviews its increasing popularity. What makes Bumble stand out is that it doesn’t stick to the traditional men picking up or talking to women first. So when people are interested in each other the woman has to send the message first within 24 hours.
- When you find a person you are interested in, swipe right to like the person. Left is for disliking.
- When likes are mutual chatrooms are open. However the catch here is that the woman has to take the initiative first.
- People can look for friends. It does not stick to romantic partners only.
- Link to Facebook your account
PLENTY OF FISH: Tinder Alternative
When we talk about popular dating apps that are alternatives to Tinder we can’t leave out Plenty of Fish. Plenty of Fish is a popular dating app which has been there for a long time.
- Free to send and receive messages.
- There are more than 70 million users to choose from.
- The app is free and you can enjoy a lot of features. There are also in app purchases which give you more benefits.
- Relationship Chemistry Predictor
- Various assessments to search for people you like and for people to search for you
- ‘Meet Me’ feature which allows you to ask someone you like to meet you.
HINGE: Tinder Alternative
Hinge is another great alternative dating app to Tinder. It is very different from Tinder and even the developers call it ‘Anti-Tinder’. It is different because it searches for matches only from your friends, their friends and till the third degree friends. So the match found will be related to you somehow. It uses Facebook to do so.
- Focuses on finding quality and long term relationships for users
- Does not find random people from all over the world. Uses Facebook to find a match related to you or your friends.
- Safer and secure
- Matches are provided to you in the afternoon.
GRINDR: Tinder Alternative
Grindr is a dating app especially for gay and bisexual men.
- Meet other men.
- Create a profile that will help others to find you and for you to find others
- ‘Tribe’ feature which depicts the type of men you want
- In app purchase is available
TRULY MADLY: Tinder Alternative
Truly Madly is definitely the most popular and most commonly used dating app in India.
- Trust Score. This score results from the information and details you provide about yourself. You have to have a good trust score to search for people
- Like people you are interested in.
- If you don’t like someone you can hide them
- Play games and quizzes with your match before chatting with them to find out if you have similar interests.
WOO: Tinder Alternative
Woo and Truly Madly are two most popular dating apps especially catered for Indians. Woo has a number of good features that might catch your attention:
- Go through people’s profiles which catches your attention. You can also go through profiles which has been suggested to you by the app
- If anyone catches your attention, like their profiles anonymously.
- If you want the person to know you like then send a ‘Crush’ along with a message
- Mutual likes result in chatting
- Add voice introductions for the person to listen to.
TASTEBUDS: Tinder Alternative
This is a really interesting dating app which has been designed to let you meet people who have the same taste for music as yours. The app is absolutely free and provides many features.
- Find people who share the same taste for music like you do
- Free app
- Scans and gives you recommendations of people who are near you
- Uses SNS like Facebook
- Currently available only for iOS
- Connect with your Last fm and Tastebudsfm profile
- HOT OR NOT: Tinder Alternative
Another alternative to Tinder is Hot or Not. The features are very similar to Tinder so you can easily get used to the features if you have been using Tinder.
- Send message to anyone you like.
- See how popular or hot you are
- Find other people who are ‘hot too
- Free app to download but with in-app purchases which gives you more features and accessibility like promoting yourself or sending gifts etc.
- Sign in through Facebook
ZOOSK: Tinder Alternative
This alternative to Tinder is another great app through which people all over the world can meet through similar interests and search filters based on what your preference is.
- User friendly and easy to navigate
- You can see who viewed your profile
- In app purchases available
- Photo Verification feature
BRISTLR: Tinder Alternative
Most of the current dating apps cater to the interests of the public in general. Bristlr stands out among these apps as it is a dating app specially for women or men who like men who have beards. Other features are similar to Tinder. If you like men who have beards then you might want to check this dating app out.
- Search for men who have beards.
- If you are a man and want to join you have to have a beard.
- Lothario detector. This detects if a message you have received from a person interested in you has been copied and sent to others too.
- Secret profile which is only visible to the person you are matched with
- Rate beards of men.
- Filter and search for bearded men based on different categories like age, location etc.
LOVOO: Tinder Alternative
Being another alternative to Tinder, Lovooalso has great features for finding matches and partners. There are over 50 million users and it also has good reviews. Its unique feature is that there is a ‘Flirtradar’ which scans and detects people who are near you whom you can directly send likes to or a chat requests.
- Flirt radar to scan for people who are single.
- Browse through different profiles that you get from the results of the scan.
- The app is free but most of the unique and great features especially for anonymity and privacy are available in the paid versions.
Pure is another similar app like Tinder. It has a lot of good features but you definitely have to keep spending money if you want to keep using the dating app
- No need for linkage with SNS
- Find people based on your location
- Free download but requires you to buy in app purchases to keep using it
- 5 free tickets initially to send to people you like
Match is a dating app which provides few features in the free version. However the features in the paid versions especially the pro version have advanced features. The developers have aimed towards developing serious and long term relationships
- Send wink to show your interest in people.
- Premium and pro versions are available.
- Unlimitedmessages, block people, see who liked your pictures and who viewed your profile etc.
- Mixer feature
Luxy is a dating app which is reported to be specifically catering to the rich and elite people. The developers claim that there are a lot of rich people like CEOs, celebrities, doctors, models etc who use this app. Maybe that is the reason why they have set the prices for subscriptions and in app purchases very high compared to other dating apps
- If you want to date people doing the jobs mentioned above, maybe you can check this out.
- Elite parties hosted for people who want to meet in real
- Swipe left to pass a person you don’t like and swipe right to like
- Send virtual gifts.
Currently this is only available for iOS however it wil be available for Android soon. It is an alternative to Tinder but is unique because it uses its own Google freebase. Since it is a recent app it is still improving and updating a lot of features. However it has a room to become big hence we have included this in our list.
- Find a perfect match for you
- Like people who you are interested in
- Pass people whom you are not interested in
- Quirky Fact Section allows you to have fun with the app and tell others quirky facts about you.
- Find places to meet
Here we have listed 20 best alternatives to Tinder for Android and iOS. They are all great dating apps which are unique in their own way. They all try to provide the good service to its users. However there are certain things even the developers cannot help 100% with like spam, fake profiles and people etc. Hence we would advise readers to be careful while using any from the list or any dating apps for that matter.isk: enhanced