Convert videos to gif
convert videos to gif : The video is an electronic medium for playback, recording, and display of moving visual media. On the other hand, the Graphics Interchange Format (GIF) is a lossless format for images that supports both animated and static images. It is suitable for simpler images such as logos or graphics with solid areas of color. GIF images are compressed using lossless data compression technique which reduces the file size but does not affect the visual quality. It is one of the most prominent images
It is one of the most famous image formats on the World Wide Web. Users usually prefer to collect animations and pictures in this format. It is still gaining more popularity. The presentation of colors, level of clarity, quality of information and perfect shapes offered by the GIF file format makes it the most favored form. One of the best thing about GIF is that when you compress these files they never lose information. The also used for the compression are very simple and are very easy to edit.convert videos to gif
How to convert videos into GIF images?
Creating an animated GIF from any video is an impressive task and is fun to do. The GIF’s are video books that are preferred for easy storage. GIFs can be considered as perfect for sharing with friends and profile posts. There are some tools available for conversion of a video into GIF.convert videos to gif
Following are few simple steps to convert your videos into GIF images. The steps are quite necessary and can be followed by anyone without any prior technical experience.convert videos to gif
- Load the Video
The first step to turning your video into a GIF is to upload the video file onto the software window. Just drop the file on the editing tool or any other software application. This can be either done using the drag and drop operation, or you can use the import option to import the file from your collection.
- Editing the Video File
GIF animation is a movie clip that ranges from a couple of seconds to tens. Each and every frame in a GIF animation takes a separate image space, so it is advisable not to add more no of frames which will increase the file size to a few Megabytes.
- Export .GIF file
After the creation of the GIF file, the next step is to import the file onto the device so that it can be used anywhere. The usual recommended a size for GIF animation is 208 x 160 pixels. Lastly, save the file with .gif extension and start sharing your clip.
In order to save the file with the .gif extension, you need to have application or software that can be accessed online as well as offline. One the most preferred program is the Wondershare Filmora. The various advantages that this software provides are
- Very easy to use.
- Supports a wide range of video formats like .wmv, .mkv, .mp4, .evo, .wav etc.
- Allows editing files with text and other elements.
- Allows a broad range of editing tools like cropping, color correction, rotation, splitting, etc.
Steps to Convert videos into GIF images
Convert videos to GIF USING Wondershare Filmora application
- Firstly you need to import the video on the Wondershare Filmora window. Your video can be of any format supported by the software.
- Now drag the video and drop it on your timeline so that you can do the editing of the video file.
- After editing, you can also add texts and other required elements to the video.
- After finishing all the steps, you are ready with your gif file. Just store it in the device memory.
Convert videos to GIF Using Photoshop
- Open the Photoshop application and do not select the video file. Keep a copy of the video to be converted into gif
- Click on File from the menu. From the drop down that appears select import and select ”Video Frames to Layers.” Photoshop takes the video and breaks it into various still images. Now you can choose among these which ones are to be played together.
- The next step involves choosing the settings for the gif. These will change from person to person. The most crucial thing one needs to remember is to check the “Make Frame Animation” checkbox.
- Each layer of the video will be a frame of the final gif. If you wish, you can remove some of them or add text and add colors to the frames. Anything that you do will be shown in the final gif.
- Finally, save the file using the “Save for The Web ” option.
Convert videos to GIF Using the Microsoft GIF Animator
- This can only be used to convert .avi files.
- Firstly open the Microsoft GIF Animator and click the Open icon. This comes pre-installed on various Windows computers and is a very easy way to get a gif file.
- Select the video and select open option. The program will read the individual frames. This can be time-consuming if the video is large. If you wish to take only a small portion of the video, cut it before opening it in the application.
- The next step involves editing, removing and re-ordering the list of frames. You can also adjust the speed of the frames.
- Now to loop the video like a real gif select all the frames and click on the Animation tab. Select looping and select forever if you want it to loop continuously.
- Now open the image tab. You can set the duration of each frame using the slider. Always check the gif by playing it whenever you change the duration to check how it would look. Usually 2-6 works fine but may change depending on the frame rate of the video.
- Finally save the GIF to wherever you like on your device using the Save As button.
There are various other techniques available to convert your video into a gif file. But the methods mentioned above are far simpler and easy to implement so that even a beginner or a person with no technical background can follow them to convert any video into a gif.