Fix DLL Error
Fix DLL Error : Let’s first see what DLL is. DLL is the short form for Dynamic Link Library. It is a library for Windows that allows you to run and handle multiple programs at a time. It is crucial because this library of shared files allows you to run multiple programs without any problem. It makes your computer run fast, smoothly and efficiently. The problem occurs when DLL files are either deleted, corrupted, missing or damaged. You may get notifications like [file name] is not loading or “.dll is missing or was not found.”.
Dll can have.dll, .exe, .sys, drv, .fon and .ocx file extensions .Dll errors and problems can occur simply because of a virus or because you accidentally deleted it on your own. It can also happen if you installed a software and it overwrote the existing DLL file. The problem can also happen if you uninstalled an application. During the uninstallation process, dll files can sometimes be deleted. If this dll is shared with other applications or software, then it can be a problem.
How to fix DLL error?
Before going through the following methods to fix your dll file problem make sure to check the following points. You might be able to fix it if it is simply because of the following reasons. :
- You might have accidentally deleted the dll file. Hence go to recycle bin to check if it is still there. If it is then, you just have to restore it again
- Run your anti-virus and scan of your computer. This might fix your dll problem.
- If the problem is temporary, restarting your computer might help
- Reinstall applications or software which have missing dll files.
- Run a registry scan.
Here is an alternative. You can also try the following steps:
- Go to Run from the Start button. Type “wupdmgr” in the dialog box. This will update your Windows
- Or you can open your Internet Explorer and click Safety
- Click Windows Update. If your PC requires any update then click ‘Express.’
- After this click ‘Install Updates’ to update your windows
- Using your anti-virus, scan all of the files on your PC.
- After scanning, your anti-virus might have scanned and repaired the file. Open the program which gave the error notice. Check if the notification for error is still there
- If it is still there, then install the affected application or software again to replace the error dll file.
If these don’t work then, you can go through the following options.
FIXING OR REPLACING DLL FILE:
Firstly you need to download the DLL file you need. For that, you can have several options. One is by recovering it using your system setup disk. The other way is by downloading dll from another computer you have a similar system with. You can also repair it by using the dll error repair tool
2. DOWNLOAD DLL FILE:
You can fix your dll problem by downloading the dll file from your recovery CD. This can only be used if you have the Backup CD. Go through the following steps:
- Insert the disk
- Go to the file directory
- After finding the dll file, copy it and paste it to C:\
3. RETRIEVING DLL FILE FROM ANOTHER COMPUTER:
This method can also be followed to fix your damaged or missing dll. However, you should be very careful that your system is same with the computer you are retrieving it from. If the system are not same and you take the dll file, then it can lead to your system to crash. If it is similar then you can follow the following steps:
- Insert the medium through which you will be copying the file(for, e.g., Pen drive)
- Copy the file and paste it to the medium.
- Insert, copy and paste it on your computer.
4. DLL SUITE:
Use the dll suite to fix your dll problems. The software has been specially made for fixing dll errors. It is available in 20 languages and covers a lot of operating systems.
The link for downloading the dll suite is given below along with the steps.
- Run your dll suite
- Click DLL Download – Free menu.
- Click the scan button. Then the software will search for the missing, removed, deleted, damaged or modified dll files.
- After the scan, a list will be displayed on your screen which shows incorrect dll files. Click and choose which one you need.
- Click More Information. It will lead you to a website where you can download the file.
- Click the download button.
- Save the downloaded file to its default directory
For users who cannot use the internet because the missing or damaged dll file has affected your internet connection you can use the following steps.
- Use another computer to download the dll suite.
- Open the dll suite. On the left side of your screen click on the PC Performance option.
- You will see a text box. Type the dll name there and choose the Windows system. However, users should keep in mind that your Windows system is similar to the other computer you are using.
- Click on Search.
- After it searches and gives you a result, click on More Info. This will give you the details of dll files. If you find what you need, then proceed to the next step. If you don’t find what you need, then go Back and search for other dll files.
- The final step is to download and save the file. You can then transfer it to your computer and replace the dll file
5. DLL CARE:
You can also install this program called dll care to fix your dll errors. The DLL Care is another program which a lot of people use to fix, repair and replace their dll problems. The program also cleans up, optimizes and does defragment for your Windows. Besides fixing, the program can also help you download dll files for free. It also boosts your computer and the performance of your system. The links and steps for installation are given below:
- Download DLL Care and install the program.Open the program
- Click on Start Scan
- After the scan is complete click the “Fix All” button.
So, these were all the possible ways by which you can fix dll error on your PC. Initially, it might seem like a complicated process to fix dll error. However, once you are aware of these simple methods and softwares to solve dll error, it can be done very easily and quickly.