Meta Tag Feature in Blogger for SEO
|Photo Credit: nuchylee|
The first thing which comes to our minds is what is this meta tag stuff and why should we use it.
“Meta tags are used to give a description and data for the website which are generally used within the <head> tag. The contents of the meta tags are used by the search engines to index your site.”
Two primary use of meta tags are:
1. To add extra data to your website code.
2. For SEO.
So, we can say that by adding the meta tag <meta> to your website/blogger can actually help the search engine robots to categorize your site accordingly.
There are primarily 4 valid attributes of Meta tag. They are:
How to add meta tags in Blogger?
1. Go to edit mode of your Blogger Template. If you are using the new blogger home page, then the path is Blogger > Your Blog > Template > Edit HTML. I would recommend you to use the older blogger page, which is easier and familiar.
2. The Meta tag code you need to place are:
3. The Meta tags need to be placed inside the <head> tag.
Now search for:
<b:include data=’blog’ name=’all-head-content’/>
Just below this code, paste the codes from Step 2 in order. You are done with your meta tags. Save the template.
4. Now, we need to place the description, keywords and author for your Blogger template code.
DESCRIPTION= Set of lines describing your blog. “What is your blog about?” Just place your blog description by replacing the DESCRIPTION HERE.
KEYWORDS= Set of keywords seperated by commas for your blog. Eg:- Blogger, Money, SEO..and so on. Replace the KEYWORDS HERE.
AUTHOR= Put your name there. It is simple. Or your Blog URL. Replace AUTHOR NAME HERE.
Save your template! Adding Meta tags will help the search engines find your site and group them accordingly in the index.
Caution: Do not use the same KEYWORDS more than 2 times in the meta tags. This can harm your page rank or maybe Google may erase your site as well.. Handle with caution while placing Meta tag Keywords in your Blogger.
Happy Learning…Thanks for reading…