Moto 360 which is among the first few smartwatches which ships with the Google’s own Android Wear OS for smartwatches which was announced at Google I/O 2014. However, the watch is also very popular because of the fact that it’s the first circular Android wear smartwatch. Well, you might have a question in mind that if we can really root Moto 360? Answer is definitely Yes! We can unlock the bootloader of this smartwatch and thus we can also install custom recovery!
In this tutorial we will tell you how you can root the Moto 360 easily and get root privileges! Unlocking the bootloader for Moto 360 is bit similar to the process we use for unlocking the Moto X or Moto G. The biggest problem was to think that how we can connect it to a PC because this smartwatch lacks the USB port! But a developer of XDA has found a way and thus he provided Moto Super Tool 360.
Preparing our Motorola Moto 360
Before getting down to work, we must consider a few preliminary steps to ensure that the method works correctly.
Now, you need to download the Moto Super Tool 360. I would like to mention here that you should use this tool at your own risk because the method is currently a beta one if you mistakenly did something wrong you could make your watch dead.
- Install Drivers adb and fastboot motorola.
- Unlock the bootloader .
- Close the bootloader .
- Flashing one factory image of Motorola Moto 360.
- Flash the boot image factory.
- Restaurar stand Motorola Moto 360.
- Rootear el Moto 360.
- Instalar el TWRP recovery.
To use this tool we meet a number of prerequisites .
- We will have a USB interface cable , for this you must know how to make a USB interface cable .
- Having downloaded the Moto 360 Super Tool on your PC.
- Learn remove belt Moto 360 .
- Have the drivers from Motorola Moto 360
After learning it is and how it works 360 Super Moto Tool, we continue to prepare for this install the drivers on our Moto 360 on PC.
How to root the Motorola Moto 360
Again, we already have all the files and necessary for the process, we can proceed with the method for getting root permits in our Motorola Moto 360 .
- Ensuring Glad we successfully downloaded the files above .
- Enable development options . To do this go to Settings> About Device and press repeatedly the number of compilation.
- Having the ADB Debugging Enabled . To activate it we will go to development options and from there we will activate.
- Install the drivers by Motorola on your PC.
- We connect the USB cable to the PC.
- Ejecutamos Moto 360 Tools for Windows.bat.
- We let you load and detects the device . Once loaded, a menu with blue letters appears.
- Select the first option , we a submenu with two options will appear, select the second Test ADB & Fastboot Driver and follow the steps indicated by us.
- Once your device has rebooted, and checking that everything is correct, the program will show us the main menu. Select option 2 Unlock bootloader Moto 360 .
- We waited for the Moto 360 starts in mode bootloader , and when we appear in the program press any key to reboot the device unlocked eleven will press the button on the Moto 360, we will update the device screen and we will Device is UNLOCKED . On the PC we press any key and the Moto 360 restarts. If not restart, restart it manually.
- After restarting the device and in the main menu of the application of the PC, select option 7 Root your Moto 360 , we press any key to continue, we let the program run its commands, and your device will reboot .
- Once started the Moto 360, inside the folder of Motorola Moto 360 Restore Tool will open a command window in the folder.
- In the command window we will check we have access root Motorola Moto 360, for this we introduce adb devices and we will show the devices connected to the PC. When the screen shows us the number of the device introduce adb shell and then the following command line write her . If we are rooted terminal correctly, we can see that we appear at the top of the command line root @ minnow: / # .
- Finally, in the main menu of the PC program, select option number 6 Restore your Moto 360 to stock KGW42R . We must follow the steps indicated by the program.