Samsung’s current flagship device i.e. ‘Samsung Galaxy Note 4′ is the best the company has put forward ever in their career days. However, the company launched the device this year at IFA 2014 along with the ‘Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Edge’ which is actually a experimented variant of Note 4 in which the company has added a extra cut of display to the right of the device. Well, both the devices comes with almost same internals so the root process for both is same. If you own a Note 4 or Note 4 Edge don’t worry this guide is all what you need!
We will be teaching you in seven easy steps that ‘How to root Samsung Galaxy Note 4′ also I would like to tell you that if you want to root your device then this will void your manufacturer warranty. Thus, you cannot claim the free service that company provide at the nearest service station. Well, if in case you want to visit the service center for any issue then you can just un-root the device with just a simple trick that I will be telling you at the end of this guide.
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Download and install the drivers for your terminal .
- Enter the phone in downloader . To do this, while the mobile is off, you must press the button home button, volume down button and power .
- Connect the device via USB with the latest version of ODIN already installed .
- Download and unzip the file needed to root corresponding with our version.
- Click on the button PDA and select the previous file.
- Un-check the box Re-Partition if selected.
- Click Start and once the process is finished, you can disconnect your phone.
So, if you have followed the above mentioned steps carefully then you finally got your device rooted. Now, I will tell you the things that you can do after rooting your device.
1. You can install custom ROM eg. Cyanogenmod, Gennext ROM or any other that you would like. Search ‘ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 4’ in Google and you will get links for many.
2. You can change the boot logo of your device. For this you just need to install a root explorer app.
3. You can uninstall the bloatware like Samsung’s own app which stress the phone and makes it to hang.
4. You can get the Android Lollipop ROM earlier for your device. Just use Google to find any suitable one!
5. You can install many apps that requires root access.
6. You can customize the whole phone according to your choice.
Now, you are wondering how to install a custom ROM then follow the below mentioned steps.
1. First download any custom ROM you want like Cyanogenmod 11.
2. Add it to your SD card.
3. Enter the phone in downloader . To do this, while the mobile is off, you must press the button home button, volume down button and power .
4. Now select install from external SD card.
5. Locate the file there.
6. Hit power button to install it.
7. Wait for few minutes.
8. Now clear cache and partition.
9. Clear disk space.
10. Reboot your device.
This was the guide to root and installing a custom ROM on your Note 4. If you liked the tutorial d share it. Keep following for more tutorials and tricks.