Apple has always been the most dominant mobile manufacturer in the industry and it also holds the major mobile market share. However, Apple has added a lot of restrictions to its OS for the mobile environment. Also, the company has made majority of the apps paid n the app store which makes the things a little bit annoying.
Well, As rooting is the process of gaining the major privileges in Android OS just like that Jail-breaking is the term used for taking the restricted access of the iOS platform for Apple devices. By jailbreaking the iOS device one can loose the warranty of the device which actually also there in the case of Android.
For each new version of iOS comes a new jailbreak , and obviously iOS 8 is no exception . As usual, thanks again to Pangu fans jailbreak and can rid your device. Besides Pangu has been updated to allow installation Cydia from your own application, putting the things even easier.
Steps to jailbreak iOS 8/8.1 for iPhone?
Please note that you will need a computer with Windows, or even a virtual machine with Windows. But it is the only requirement. From there, just follow these steps:
- Download Pangu and save it to your desktop.
- Connect iPhone to your computer and make sure iTunes recognizes it.
- Right click on Pangu and and select “Run as administrator”. In the dialog box that will be opened to you, click “Yes”.
- When Pangu recognize your device, uncheck the box to the left and click on the blue button.
- Wait until the blue bar fills signal that Pangu be over.
- Sign Pangu on your iPhone and install Cydia with the link you provided.
- Once installed, start Cydia and let it auto-configure and install any updates as needed.
Below is the list of firmware versions and devices supported with this process.
- iOS 8.0
- 8.1 (Current)
and iOS devices:
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4s
- iPad (2, 3, 4, Air, Air 2, mini 1, mini 2, mini 3)
- iPod touch 5
That was from our side. if you liked the tutorial do share it and stay connected with us. If you are facing any issues feel free to comment below and we will try to figure it out. Thanks for reading.
Image source : gizmag.com