Windows 10 which is the next generation of Microsoft Windows announced in 2014 which is said to be available next year at the end of fall. However, Windows 10 brings a lot of new things to the environment which makes it one of the best OS to compete with it’s rivals in the market. Well, As usual Windows 10 will come with Windows Firewall which is Window’s self developed firewall protection for it’s users.
However, some issues have been reported with Windows 10 Technical preview with the Windows Firewall. Well, today I will be discussing the way of resetting the Windows 10’s firewall settings to default so that you don’t to get messed up with other things. There are two methods of doing so and we will let you know both the methods.
How to restore default Windows Firewall settings in Windows 10?
- Type firewall in the search of the windows, and don’t click on the advance firewall results that will be show. Just open the settings from there.
- Now, locate ‘Restore Defaults’ in the left side of the window as shown in the image below.
- A prompt will come asking you to confirm the action like shown in the image below. Just confirm that and it’s done!
This alternative method can be done via command prompt of the Windows. For this just follow the method as I have shown in the image below.
- Search for ‘cmd’ in the search of Windows.
- Now, type this in the black window that you are seeing there. “Netsh advfirewall reset”
- That’s it!
Note: Windows users using a router to connect to the Internet, usually (with some exceptions) protected from unwanted traffic, routers acting as a hardware firewall, as a function of NAT (in the network address translation).
That was from our side. I hope that the article will be helpful for you. Thanks for reading.