Usage of Permalinks in SEO.
Permalink is a buzz word in the blogging world. Many are confused with what exactly is a permalink. Unknowingly Bloggers use permalink in their posts and outside.
Permalink in simple words is the “URL” which is the individually linked to a particular post in your blog or website.
Example of Permalink in Blogger:
The permalink can be understood by the time stamp present in the individual link and the time-stamp can be seen in the URL of the permalink as well.
The permalink on different blogging sites differ. But most of time you can see the post title in the permalink.
Ways to find the permalink in Blogger is:
1. In Blogger when you click on the title, you are actually taken to the post page where you can see the permalink on your browser.
2. The permalink can be found by hovering the mouse on the time-stamp below a particular post.
3. The permalink can also be found by hovering the mouser over the title of a post.
The concept of permalinks in Blogger has a big disadvantage for people who want to link to your particular post. Because the permalinks are cluttered in Blogger.
SEO using Permalink:
1. Permalink is just an URL by which you can create links to a particular posts internally and externally. Please link using permalink when writing the posts. Suppose you are writing an article and you encounter some “word/words/concept” which you have written earlier. I suggest you to link to the older post using permalink.
2. As a Blogger, I suggest every individual blogger to use your permalinks instead of the your site/blog/label URLs.
3. To make your permalink user-friendly to the search engines, use short and crispy titles for your posts. In Blogger, you can’t change the permalink once created even if you try changing the post title. Think wise while allocating your post title, “Short and Crispy“. One more problem with blogspot is the permalink takes only the first 35 to 40 characters from the post title. This is not the case in WordPress though, where you can edit the permalink later.
4. Blogger can’t change the permalink when assigned for the first time. Publish and republish method won’t work at all, if you think that changing the post title can change the permalink. The only way to change the permalink is delete the post completely and start over again. So, I suggest you do it wisely “Short and Crispy“.
5. Avoid special character in your title posts. Special characters in the title can add up extra pressure on the search engines 🙂 lol..
Hope you will enjoy blogging with SEO for Permalinks in mind.