Everyday, many of us connect our smartphone or tablet to our computer/pc for various purposes like rooting the device, transferring files, install new updates and similar stuff. These actions are very few from the long list of tasks we can do or I should say that we daily do by connecting our smartphone to computer or pc via USB to micro USB cable. What if your device don’t connect to your PC? Well, you might have faced this problem even I faced it so many times.
This problem is very common! You might say that there are many other ways of connecting device to PC or laptop like by Bluetooth or similar stuff. But still many things are there which can only be performed by connecting phone to PC by USB cable.
If your PC does not recognize your device and you do not know what to do, here are four solutions which will solve your problem if your PC is not recognizing your smartphone. These methods worked for most of the people and they recommended these methods to others even!
Enabling the USB Debugging is the most common one. This feature comes off by default in many smartphones and we need to enable to to connect our device to computer. Don’t worry this won’t harm your device at all! To check this go to Settings> Developer options and confirm that the option Enable USB debugging is enabled.
If you do not have access to the Developer menu, you have go to Settings> About device and press repeatedly on the box Build number . Then you will see a small window and you will notice that you are already a developer now just go back to settings menu and you will see ‘Developer options’ menu there.
Packages and Samsung Kies drivers
If you re trying to connect your device to computer but the PC is not recognizing it then you can also try this method. If we first time connect any smartphone to a PC or laptop the PC installs the drivers of the device so that all features works perfectly! If your drivers are not installed by default you can try downloading them from the manufacturer’s own site, most of them provide them on their websites.
If you have a Samsung device, you must have installed the Samsung Kies program to install the drivers it is required in some scenarios. You can download it from their website, but remember, only for Samsung devices.
Enhanced Host Controller
In some cases, the configuration of the USB port that the phone is connected may be the connection problem. You can troubleshoot the process and the PC will try to look for an error or reasons which would be causing the error.
- On the task bar you might see a logo of USB or of a device kind of thing! When you have connected the device to PC but it’s not getting connected or reading it’s data. Just click on that icon.
- Once there, right click and give select Properties .
- The floating window will popup. From there access the tab Hardware .
- Arrived at the Hardware menu? Now go to the device manager.
- Wait until you exit the list and look for the Universal Serial Bus Controller .
- Once located, right click and give Controller host improved .
- If this option is disabled, enable it!
Set device type
If you have not worked any of the above options, you may recognize the computer if the device identified but not know . In that case, we will have to manually set an identification of the unknown device.
- Will access the menu Safely Remove Hardware .
- In this menu, You can see your device listed as unidentified .Now you need to select and access the Properties .
- The computer will indicate that it is necessary to install the driver. To do this, click Change settings of the device .
- A popup will warn you that you must re install or update the driver. It will now ask you that if you want to make the process automatic or manual?
- You need to click on the second option where you will be asked to choose the type of device. You now need to select the USB and the now the drivers will be updated or re installed to make the device function.
I hope that the article will help you. If it did then please do share it with your friends and keep following the space for more such tutorials. Thanks for reading.